I am delighted to hear from Crosswinds Poetry (Website) that my poem, "Parrots," will appear in their May Issue, and that it is in contention for their 2020 poetry contest, judged by Richard Blanco. Also a shout-out to mentee Elizabeth Oxley (Website) for her poem also being accepted and being considered in their contest as well.
Copywrite 2014 by Terry Lucas. All rights reserved.
I am honored to have new poems appear alongside work from a terrific slate of poets, writers, and artists in the just-released issue of Nostos. Order HERE.
Reading Schedule and Poetry Events
(Save the Dates)
- Tuesday February 11th: "Women Who Write"(Ella Eytan, Laurel Feigenbaum, Melanie Maier, Angelika Quirk and Gabrielle Rilleau) Valentine's Celebration at Larkspur Library, open-mic to follow. 7:00 pm.
- Friday February 14th: "The Poetry Connection" celebrates Valentine's Day with an open-mic: Bring a poem you love, something sweet to eat you love, and someone you love (not required): 240 Channing Way, San Rafael, CA, 7:00 pm.
- Friday March 13th: "The Poetry Connection" features Becky Foust and Dawn McGuire, followed by open-mic, 240 Channing Way, San Rafael, 7:00 pm.
- Friday April 3rd: Terry reading at Blue Light at the Gallery, San Rafael, 7:00 pm.
- Saturday April 4th: Terry reading at Copperfields, San Rafael (Time, TBA), with Heather Altfield, Becky Foust, Troy Jollimore, and Meryl Natchez.
- Monday April 6th: Terry reading at Left Coast Writers, Book Passage, Corte Madera, 7:00 pm.
- Friday April 10th: Terry emceeing for Janet Jennings and Ken Haas at The Poetry Connection, UUCM, 240 Channing Way, San Rafael, Ca., 7:00 pm.
- Thursday April 16th: Attending MPC reading: Malena Morning and Ellen Bass, Mill Valley Library, 7:00 pm.
- Thursday April 23rd: Terry reading at "Night of Poets," San Anselmo Library, 7:00 pm.
- Friday April 24th: Attending Poetry World Series, Mill Valley Library, 7:00 pm.
- Wednesday April 29th: Emceeing "Poetry Evening" at Sausalito Woman's Club, 120 Central Ave., Sausalito, 6:30-9:00 pm.
Interview on local NPR Radio Station at New Mexico State University
I was recently on the campus of my alma mater, New Mexico State University, for a reading and to teach some classes. While there, Fred Martino, Director of Content of the local NPR station KRWG, interviewed me. Click HERE to hear the interview.